Introduction to Risk Assessment
At the end of this course, candidates will have an understanding of what a risk assessment is and how to complete one.
To achieve this the course will define important terms, provide some basic background information to explain how important risk assessments are and discuss some of the legislation that applies.
It will then go on to provide practical advice on how to identify hazards and analyse risk before finishing off by explaining the responsibilities of both employers and employees with regards to risk assessment.
Duration: 1-2 hours
Price: £30 + VAT
Who Should Take This Course?
This online risk assessment training is suitable for anyone who has responsibility for carrying out a risk assessment of their workplace.
The person who carries out the risk assessment is named the ‘competent person’ and this can be the business owner, a manager, a supervisor or anyone else within the business who has sufficient training, skills, experience and knowledge to be able to carry out the risk assessment process safely and effectively.
This Risk Assessment course is suitable for all industries, workplace environments and premises and ensures that your company complies with the Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999
On successful completion of the course you will be able to download a quality assured certificate. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This course is also approved by IIRSM, the International Institute of Risk & Safety Management, as providing quality and content-approved training.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 1 year. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
1. The Basics
2. Legislation, Regulation and Civil Law
3. Strategy -Options and Elements
4. Identifying Hazards
5. Who Might Be Harmed and Evaluating the Risks
6. Evaluating Risk –The Practicalities
7. Recording and Reviewing
8. Management and Responsibilities
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand why carrying out a risk assessment is essential for improving health and safety.
- Understand the types of injuries and ill-health that occur as a result of failing to manage health and safety.
- Have an awareness of the legal responsibilities placed on employers and employees when carrying out risk assessments.
- Understand each of the five key steps of the risk assessment process.
- Feel confident carrying out suitable and sufficient risk assessments of their workplace and work activities.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked a set of multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. You will have up to six attempts for passing the assessment.