This online course provides you with an introduction to Advance Care Planning within the context of end of life care.
Advance Care Planning (ACP) is a process whereby a patient, in consultation with health care providers, family members and important others, makes decisions about his or her future health care, should he or she become incapable of participating in medical treatment decisions.
It is to make clear a person's wishes in anticipation of a deterioration in the individual's condition in the future, with attendant loss of capacity to make decisions and/or ability to communicate wishes to others.
All people approaching the end of life need to have their needs assessed and their wishes and preferences discussed.
This courses covers three main modules:
- What is Advance Care Planning?
- The principles of good practice within the process of Advance Care Planning.
- Issues associated with ACP
Module 1: What Is Advance Care Planning
- End of life care strategy
- Defining Advance Care Planning
- The components of ACP
- Benefits of ACP
Module 2: Principles of Good Practice
- Implementing patient-centred care practices
Module 3: Issues Associated with ACP
- Advance decisions to refuse treatment
- Decisions regarding CPR
- Frequently asked questions in ACP
- The role ACP plays in end of life care
- Approximately 1 hour (counts towards CPD Hours)
The ACP Course Is Suitable For...
NHS and independent healthcare providers, bank staff and agency workers, and educational organisations including:
- Individuals who want to gain an awareness and increase knowledge
- Care Assistants (HCA)
- Non-Clinical Persons
- Support Workers
- Adult Social Care Workers
- Residential Home Staff
- Nursing Home Staff
- Nurses including Practice, Adult, Registered & Clinical
- Domiciliary Care Workers
- Home Care Workers
- Clinical Support Workers
- Community Healthcare Workers
- Bank and Temporary Nurses
- Bank and Temporary Carers
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
Additionally, once you’ve completed this course, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other CPD End of Life Care Courses.