The Risk Assessment and Management In Care Level 3 covers the principles and legal implications of risk assessment and how to contribute towards the effective control and management of risk through undertaking risk assessment.
Employers also have a duty under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 to carry out risk assessments to identify what hazards exist in a workplace, and how likely these hazards are to cause harm. Furthermore, they must then decide what prevention or control measures are needed.
In this course, we will examine risk assessment in the health and social care setting and study why health and safety and in particular risk assessment is so important. We will understand the process for checking that the workplace is safe through the use of a risk assessment.
Module 1: Understanding Risk Assessment
- Understanding health, safety, and welfare
- The importance of health and safety
- Costs of poor health and safety
- Defining hazards
- Understanding risk
- Principles of risk assessment
- Legislation and legal obligations
- Suitable and sufficient risk assessment
- Hierarchy of controls
- Stages of risk assessment
Module 2: Carrying Out A Risk Assessment
- Preparing for a risk assessment
- Undertaking risk assessment
- The importance of documentation and terminology
- Risk, Review and Evaluations
- Staff instruction, information and training
- Risk assessment registers
- Special risk areas
By the end of the course, you will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Understanding risk assessment
- Explain the concepts and legality of Safety, Hazard, Risk and Accident
- Describe the process and stages of effective Risk Assessments
- Carrying out risk assessment
- Be able to conduct risk assessments and make judgements on risk control measures
- course details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional Information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Certificate Cost: Free To Download Online As A PDF. Hard copies Sent To Your Address For £3.99 (Optional)
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The Level 3 Risk Assessment and Management In Care course comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed this course, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other Primary Care Training