Early resuscitation can improve survival rates by up to 60%. The Basic Life Support Training is an online course is for anybody, trained or untrained, who wishes to feel more confident in dealing with a collapsed adult or child.
Please note that the online course does not qualify you to carry out either of these tasks without further practical training.
This course should take between 20 and 30 minutes to complete and is intended to provide a basic awareness of Basic Life Support and consists of three modules:
Module 1: Introduction to Basic Life Support
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- CPR and the chain of survival
- How an AED can be operated safely and appropriately
- The Four Processes
Module 2: Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Collapsed Casualty
- Opening the casualty's airway
- Checking the casualty's breathing
- Agonal breathing
- The recovery position
- Monitoring vital signs
- How to give CPR: Chest Compressions
- Resuscitation Council (UK) CPR/ AED Demo
Module 3: Adult Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- What is Foreign Body Airway Obstruction?
- Everyday First Aid: Choking
- Recognising FBAO
- Relieving the FBAO of a conscious adult
By the end of this course, you'll
- Know how to assess the collapsed victim
- Learn how to perform chest compression and rescue breathing
- Know how to deal with a person who is choking
- Be able to place an unconscious person in the recovery position
- Understand your legal obligations under the first aid regulations
- course Details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
BLS Course Details
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Duration: 5 Hours (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The BLS certification comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed the basic life support training, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other online care training courses.
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislation and recommended practice including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Alignment to the Skills for Health’s Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) revalidation for registered nurses and midwives