The Care Certificate Standard 08: ‘Fluids and Nutrition’ will deliver key knowledge to healthcare workers to promote health and well-being within the care setting.
After completing the Care Certificate Standard 08, you'll be able to:
- Demonstrate the functions of some key constituents of food and show how digestion works.
- Understand the Eatwell Plate policy which defines the Government's recommendations on healthy diets.
- Implement the best tips for making healthier choices
- Explain and dispel some facts and myths around healthy eating.
This e-learning course can be used towards achieving the care certificate; this course can be taken as part of the Care Certificate: Full Package.
Module 1: Introduction
- Nutrition Awareness
- Diet, Food, Energy, and Nutrients
- Healthier Eating
Module 2: Why We Eat
- Eating....What's the point?
- What are the functions of some key constitutes of food
- How digestion works
Module 3: The Eat Well Plate
- Food Groups
Module 4: 8 Methods For Making Healthier Choices
- Eat Well - A Guide to Healthy Eating
Module 5: Facts and Myths of Healthy Eating
- Explanation around Facts and Myths
- course details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Certificate Cost: Free To Download Online As A PDF. Hard copies Sent To Your Address For £3.99 (Optional)
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The Care Certificate Standard 08 comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed Care Certificate Standard 08, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other Care Worker Training