Safeguarding children is the responsibility of everyone. The Care Certificate Standard 11 is an online Safeguarding Children course designed to give everyone who works, or has contact with children, young people and/or their families an introduction into safeguarding.
When certain situations arise, would you know what to do or who to report it to? This course will give you the knowledge you need to protect children effectively.
The Care Certificate Standard 11 consists of four online modules:
Module 1: Introduction to Safeguarding Children
- Exploring statistics on child abuse and neglect
- The truth and myths about safeguarding
- Who's responsible?
Module 2: Legislation and Guidance
- The law and guidance documents
- Statutory guidance
Module 3: Identifying Abuse and Risk
- Different types and signs of abuse
- How to recognise the different types of abuse
- Who is at risk of abuse
Module 4: Reporting and Following Up Your Concerns
- How to report your concerns
- When to report your concerns
- What happens after a concern has been reported
- Early help assessments
- Statutory assessments under the Children Act 1989
- Child protection conferences
By the end of this course, you will have learned the following learning outcomes:
- Safe practices and how to keep children safe
- How to recognise abuse and risk
- How to respond to concerns and who to report them to
- Current legislation and guidance
- When and how you can share information legally
After completing and studying the learning modules, you'll need to complete an online test and pass before being certificated.
- course details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Duration: 1 Hours (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Certificate Cost: Free To Download Online As A PDF. Hard copies Sent To Your Address For £3.99 (Optional)
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The Care Certificate Standard 11 comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed Care Certificate Standard 11, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other Care Worker Training