The Care Certificate Standard 13: ‘Health and Safety’ applies to the majority of health and social care sector employees who work in a clinical or care setting, so we will focus on this environment during the module.
If you work in an environment where special rules apply to good health and safety practice, however, you should seek additional training on these. Ask your service manager for details.
This e-learning course can be used towards achieving the care certificate; this course can be taken as part of the Care Certificate: Full Package.
After completing the Care Certificate Standard 13, you'll be able to:
- Understand the different responsibilities relating to health and safety in social care settings.
- Understand the use of risk assessments in relation to health and safety
- Understand procedures for responding to accidents and sudden illness.
- Know how to reduce the spread of infection.
- Know how to move and handle equipment and other objects safely
- Understand the principles of assisting and moving an individual.
- Know how to handle hazardous substances
- Know environmental safety procedures in the social care setting.
- Know how to manage stress
- Understand procedures regarding handling medication
- Understand how to handle and store food safely
Module 1: Introduction and Overview
- Why health and safety legislation is needed at work
- Common risks to health and safety in the workplace
Module 2: Health and Safety: Law and Policy
- Legal requirements for employers
- Legal requirements for employees
Module 3: Using A Workstation
- Good posture at workstations
- Comfort and safety at workstations
Module 4: Accidents In The Workplace
- Accidents in the workplace
- Accident reporting
- Risk assessments
- First aid in the workplace
- First aid requirements
- Manual handling
Module 5: Fire Safety
- Problems with fire safety
- Spotting problems
- Fire safety responsibilities
- Escaping from a fire
Module 6: Your Working Environment
- Spotting problems with the working environment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Module 7: Stress In The Workplace
- Workplace stress
- Cause of stress in the workplace
- Recognising stress
- Signs of stress
Module 8: Lone Working
- Working alone: employer responsibilities
- Extra control measures
- Working alone: your responsibilities
- Tips and precautions
- course details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Certificate Cost: Free To Download Online As A PDF. Hard copies Sent To Your Address For £3.99 (Optional)
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The Care Certificate Standard 13 comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed Care Certificate Standard 13, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other Care Worker Training