The Care Certificate Standard 15 is about Infection Prevention and Control. It is aimed at staff working within the care environment.
A wide variety of care is delivered in primary, secondary and community care settings. Healthcare-associated infections arise across a wide range of clinical conditions and can affect patients of all ages.
Healthcare workers, family members and carers are also at risk of acquiring infections when caring for service users. A no tolerance attitude is now prevalent in relations to avoidable healthcare-associated infections.
By the end of this course, you will understand the importance of why we need to have infection control measures implemented in the workplace.
You will also be able to:
- Describe the main ways an infection can get into the body
- Demonstrate effective hand hygiene
- Explain how their own health or hygiene might pose a risk to the individuals they support or work with
- List common types of personal protective clothing, equipment and procedures and how and when to use them
- Explain the principles of safe handling of infected or soiled linen and clinical waste
Module 1: Hand Hygiene & Decontamination
- The chain of infection
- The microorganism family
- When and how to clean your hands
- Preventing skin irritation
Module 2: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Importance of PPE
- How PPE reduces infection
- Different types of PPE available
Module 3: Waste Segregation & Disposal
- Health and social care waste policy
- Types of waste
- Segregation of waste
- Dealing with spillages
Module 4: Safe Handling & Disposal of Sharps
- Legal responsibilities
- Segregation of sharps
- Injuries and spillages
- Dealing with an injury
Module 5: Environmental Cleanliness
- Good cleaning practices
- Methods of cleaning
- Sources of contamination
- Storing cleaning equipment
- course details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Duration: 1 Hours (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Certificate Cost: Free To Download Online As A PDF. Hard copies Sent To Your Address For £3.99 (Optional)
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The Care Certificate Standard 15 comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed Care Certificate Standard 15, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other Care Worker Training