The Control and Administration of Medicines Level 3 is a comprehensive online course. It is designed to provide senior care workers or managers the knowledge needed to enable them to supervise or undertake the administration of medicines in their care establishment.
You will be equipped with a solid understanding of the correct procedures to follow when prescribing and administering medicines, in both a social and domiciliary care home environments.
Staff working in a healthcare environment should be aware of the policy around control and administration of medicines and be actively working towards implementing it at all times. Therefore, it is important that appropriate care staff be trained in the administration of medicines and the policy of the organisation you work for.
You will learn how to keep records of each administration, as well as all incoming and outgoing medicines, to ensure that the risk of error is minimized.
Within this course, you’ll also find the Knowledge Set for Medication course modules covered as defined by Skills for Care and Development in 2005.
Upon successful completion, you will require to be observed competently administering a range of medications.
The Control and Administration of Medicines consists of four modules:
Module 1: Controlling Medicines
- The Medicines Act (1968)
- The Misuse of Drugs Act (1971)
- Policies and procedures
Module 2: Managing Medicines
- Roles and responsibilities relating to the safe control and handling of medicines
- Prescribing, dispensing, obtaining and checking medicines
- Disclosure and patient confidentiality
Module 3: Types of Medicines
- Types and classifications of medicines
- Routes of administration
- General rules for administering various types of medicines
- Side effects and adverse reactions
- Contraindications and medicine interaction
Module 4: Medicine Administration
- The safe administration of medicines
- Consent and risk assessment
- Risk assessment and medicine administration
- Self administration of medicines
- Secondary administration
- Administration and control of medicines
- Recording medicine administration, refusal and errors
- Using the MAR chart
- Medicine storage, disposal and audit
- Limitations for practice
- Additional study
- course Details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Duration: 2 Hours (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The Control and Administration of Medicines Level comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed the Control and Administration of Medicines Level 3, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other accredited medication training courses..
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislation and recommended practice including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Alignment to the Skills for Health’s Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) revalidation for registered nurses and midwives