This e-learning module covers the Dementia Clinical Guidelines which makes specific recommendations on Alzheimer's disease, Dementia with Lewy Bodies (DLB), frontotemporal dementia, vascular dementia and mixed dementias, as well as recommendations that apply to all types of dementia.
It will also help you understand what delirium is, the clinical guidelines for managing delirium and the clinical guidelines for managing dementia.
If you are a care professional working within care environment with people suffering from dementia, this e-learning course is for you.
The Dementia Clinical Guidelines has three modules:
- Clinical Guidelines for Managing Delirium
- Clinical Guidelines for Managing Dementia
By the end of this course, you'll learn:
- What Delirium and Dementia are, their causes, diagnosis and management of the conditions
- The clinical guidelines for managing Delirium and Dementia
- The Principles of Care for people with Delirium and Dementia
- The Indicators and Symptoms of Delirium and Dementia
- Risk factors, prevention and early identification of Delirium and Dementia
- Observation, Diagnosis, Assessment and Treatment of Delirium and Dementia
- Approximately 1 hour (counts towards your CPD hours)
The Dementia Clinical Guidelines Course Is Suitable For...
NHS and independent healthcare providers, bank staff and agency workers, and educational organisations including:
- Individuals who want to gain an awareness and increase knowledge
- Care Assistants (HCA)
- Non-Clinical Persons
- Support Workers
- Adult Social Care Workers
- Residential Home Staff
- Nursing Home Staff
- Nurses including Practice, Adult, Registered & Clinical
- Domiciliary Care Workers
- Home Care Workers
- Clinical Support Workers
- Community Healthcare Workers
- Bank and Temporary Nurses
- Bank and Temporary Carers
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
Additionally, once you’ve completed this course, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other CPD Dementia Care Training Courses.