The Diabetes Awareness Training is an online course designed to develop and support healthcare professionals who want to learn more about diabetes, and who may provide care for people with diabetes.
In this course, you'll explore seven key modules which include an assessment at the end and should take around two hours to complete in total.
The 7 modules are:
Module 1: About Diabetes
- Diabetes and the body
- The different types of diabetes
- Risk factors
- Detecting symptoms
- Diagnosing diabetes
- Common patient concerns
Module 2: Treating Diabetes
- Patient experience
- Aims of treatment
- Eating well with diabetes
- Managing weight
- Physical activity
- Medication for type 2 diabetes
- The use of insulin
Module 3: Monitoring
- Why we monitor
- self monitoring
- The care people should receive
Module 4: Complications
- Short term complications
- Managing diabetes when unwell
- Long term complications
Module 5: Impact Of Diabetes
- The emotional impact of diabetes
- Driving and diabetes
- Employment and diabetes
- Family planning
Module 6: Supporting People With Diabetes
- Patient-centred care and self management
- Active listing and asking the right questions
- Education for people with diabetes and their carers
- Common patient concerns
Module 7: Assessment
- Principles of good practice
- Course details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional Info
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Certificate Cost: Free To Download Online As A PDF. Hard copies Sent To Your Address For £3.99 (Optional)
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The Online Diabetes Awareness Training course comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Dedicates Commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed this course, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other Carers Training