Although attitudes towards disabled people and other minority groups within our society are changing and becoming more positive, there still seems to be an immense lack of understanding about disability. The Disability Awareness Training module aims to assist in redressing some of these issues.
The course introduces the historical background behind current approaches and attitudes to disability. It covers the facts and legislation surrounding disability and also disability in a social context, through the concepts of inclusion, communication and person-centred support.
Module 1: Introduction
- Overview of Disability
Module 2: Facts and Legislation
- Some disability facts
- Disability legislation in UK
Module 3: Inclusion
- The influence of the media
- The beginnings of segregation
- Moving towards inclusion
Module 4: Communication
- Using the correct terminology
- Common courtesies
Module 5: Categorising Disability
- The social model
- The medical model
- Impairment vs Disability
Module 6: Person-Centred Support
- Promoting person-centred values
The Disability Awareness Training course is a great source of information and advice for organisations and businesses, to ensure that services, policies and procedures comply with equality legislation and to open up their services to a wider range of users.
Learners who complete the course will gain a general awareness of how to make services accessible and interact positively with disabled people.
Learning Outcomes for Disability Awareness Training
- Understand your rights and responsibilities in regards to disability under the Equality Act 2010
- Understand different approaches to disability (medical & social model) and how this can affect the service you provide
- Understand how you can make your organisation inclusive and accessible to all
- Use appropriate language when interacting with disabled people
- Gain the confidence to interact with disabled people in all aspects of your organisation
- course details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- Additional Info
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Certificate Cost: Free To Download Online As A PDF. Hard copies Sent To Your Address For £3.99 (Optional)
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The Online Disability Awareness Training course comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates Commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.