The Epilepsy Awareness Training is an online course designed for Care Workers who work with service users suffering with Epilepsy. It will provide you with knowledge on the main effects of epilepsy and the importance of supporting service users to take their prescribed medication.
Learning Outcomes for Epilepsy Awareness Training
- What Epilepsy is and how it is caused.
- How to recognise at least three types of seizure and how they present
- Know how to safely care for someone having a seizure
- What documentation is required following a seizure
- Understand how behaviour changes may affect the individual as a result of epilepsy
Module 1: Gaining Awareness of Epilepsy
- What is epilepsy?
- The brain and epilepsy
Module 2: Seizures
- Classification of seizures
Module 3: Assessing The Risks
- Personal risk
- Environmental risk
- risk to others
Module 4: Treating Epilepsy
- Treatment options
Module 5: Differential Diagnosis
- Seizures in people with learning disabilities
- Environmental factors and behaviour triggers for people with learning disabilities
- Course Details
- exam & Certification
- Ask a question
- Additional info
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Certificate Cost: Free To Download Online As A PDF. Hard copies Sent To Your Address For £3.99 (Optional)
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The Online Epilepsy Awareness Training course comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed this course, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other Care Worker Training