The Equality and Diversity e-learning course is designed to help you understand what Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care means for you as a member of staff in your workplace.
Each module will take about 10 minutes to complete and includes some practical examples for you to check your understanding.
Equality training will look less at the legislation and policies behind Equality and Diversity, but more at the behaviours and attitudes we need to show when dealing with people from a variety of backgrounds, in a variety of circumstances.
It also explores how Equality and Diversity can be compromised by our own values, opinions, and prejudices and how prejudices develop and may influence people..
Module 1: Overview of Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
- Aspirations for Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
Module 2: What Is Equality and Diversity?
- Key principles of equality
- Key principles of diversity
- The business case for equality and diversity
Module 3: Challenging Stereotypes
- What influences us?
- Who are you
- Descriptions and characterisitics
- The use of language
Module 4: Scenarios
- Case study 1
- Case study 2
- Case study 3
Module 5: Summary
- The Equality Act 2010
- course Details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Duration: 5 Hours (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed the equality and diversity e-learning course, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other online care training courses.
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislation and recommended practice including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Alignment to the Skills for Health’s Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) revalidation for registered nurses and midwives