The First Aid at Work course is suitable for people who are designated as an appointed person in the workplace. This e-learning course will help meet the needs of those supporting a qualified First Aid at Work (FAW) practitioner. The content also fulfils the requirements for the FAW annual refresher.
First aid is the provision of initial care for an illness or injury. It is usually performed by a non-expert person to a sick or injured person until definitive medical treatment can be accessed. Certain self-limiting illnesses or minor injuries may not require further medical care past the first aid intervention.
It generally consists of a series of simple and in some cases, potentially life-saving techniques that an individual can be trained to perform with minimal equipment.
Module 1: What Is First Aid?
- The aims of first aid
Module 2: Act and Regulations
- The acts
Module 3: Who Do I Call
- The six services to call in an emergency
Module 4: What to Do When....
- Someone has burned themselves
- Someone is in shock
- Someone having a heart attack
- Someone has fainted
- Someone who has wounded themselves
- Someone is bleeding
- Someone having a stroke
Module 5: The Recovery Position
- When to use the recovery position
- Live demo
Module 6: Resuscitation
- Principles of Resuscitation
- Dr ABC
- The Ratio for Resuscitation
- The Chain of Survival
- course details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Certificate Cost: Free To Download Online As A PDF. Hard copies Sent To Your Address For £3.99 (Optional)
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The First Aid at Work course comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.