This online GDPR training course has been developed to provide you with an understanding of the issues surrounding the general data protection act in the workplace, outlining the new regulation and includes what the changes mean, what is required to remain compliant for those who process personal data
The European Commission has introduced the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will be implemented on 25th May 2018.
The regulation has mainly been implemented in order to:
- Force companies to be clearer on their data collection and usage
- Improve data protection and prevent data infringement
- Establish improved control and reactivity to prevent data leakage
These new regulations play an important role at a time when both the volume of data is skyrocketing, and threats are growing at a similar rate.
A key factor of any organisation’s GDPR compliance is staff awareness and education.
Throughout the course, we will look at some important aspects of the GDPR, including:
- Key definitions
- Lawful bases for processing
- Individual rights
- Accountability and Governance
- International Transfers
- Personal data breaches
Module1: Introduction to GDPR
- Importance of GDPR
- Importance of GDPR for companies
- Key Definitions
- Principles of Data Protection
Module 2: Lawful Basis for Processing
- Legal Obligations
- Vital Interests
- Public Tasks
- Legitimate Interests
- Legitimate Interests Assessment
- Special Category Data
- Criminal Offence Data
Module 3: Individual Rights
- The Right to Be Informed
- The Right of Access
- The Right to Rectification
- The Right to Erasure
- The Right to Restrict Processing
- The Right to Data Portability
- The Right to Object
- Rights Related to Automated Decision Making
Module 4: Accountability and Governance
- Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Data Protection Officers (DPO)
- Codes of Conduct and Certification
- Guide to Data Protection Fee
Module 5: Security
- Why should we worry about security information?
- What security measures do we need to protect
- What level of security is required?
- Organisational measures to consider
- Technical measures to consider
- Operating in a sector with its own security requirements
- What to do when data processors are involved
- Confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience
- Requirements for restoring availability and access to personal data
Module 6: International Transfers
- Transfers subject to appropriate safeguards
- Infrequent transfers of personal data
Module 7: Personal Data Breaches
- What is a personal breach
- How much to time to notify about a personal breach
- Incomplete data
- When do you need to notify ICO about breaches
Module 8: Children
- A general approach to processing children's data
- Choosing a basis for processing children's personal data
- Rules of ISS and Consent
- Marketing to Children
- Profiling children and making automated decisions
- Children checklist
- course details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Certificate Cost: Free To Download Online As A PDF. Hard copies Sent To Your Address For £3.99 (Optional)
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The GDPR Training online comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.