The health and safety awareness course has been developed for everyone involved in any industry, and is aimed to give all staff, supervisors, and managers the essential knowledge needed to offer the very best professional approach to Health and Safety.
This course will help you to become more effective in many areas of your business, from keeping within the law to offering your customers a quality service. If you are looking to enhance your career development, this course will give you the opportunity to look at parts of the job you may not currently be involved with.
The health and safety awareness course is comprised of 15 modules, completion of each module will earn you a badge for that area and will pave your way through the health and safety journey to certification.
Completing each of these 15 modules will empower you with the knowledge to be an effective health and safety champion.
Module 1: Health & Safety at Work Act etc 1974
- Legislation Overview
- The HSWA Structure
- Enforcement of Legislation
- Serving Notices
- Statutory Notices
Module 2: Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Employers Duties
- Management Regulations
- Amendments to the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992
- Control of Contractors
- Contractor Responsibilities
Module 3: Risk Assessment
- Hazards and Risks
- Risk Assessment
- Hazard Identification
- Identification Exercise
- Be Systematic
- Hierarchy of Control Measures
- Generic / Model Assessments
- Specific Assessments
- Maintenance and Review of the Assessment
Module 4: Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Risk Assessing
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
Module 5: Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992
- The DSE Assessment
- Daily Work Routine of Users
- Eyes and Eyesight
- Provision of Training and Information
Module 6: Provisions and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (Puwer)
- Legal Requirements
- Safety and Guarding of Machinery
- Types of Guard
Module 7: Personal protective Equipment Regulations
- What Is PPE?
- Legal Requirements
- Types of PPE
- Risk Assessment
Module 8: Workplace (Health, Safety, and Welfare) Regulations
- Legal Requirements
Module 9: Fire safety
- Causes of Fire
- Fire Extinguishers and Appliances
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Disabled Procedure
- Record Keeping
Module 10: First Aid
- Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
- Contents of a First Aid Box
Module 11: Accident Reporting
- The Accident Book
- Reportable Injuries
- Dangerous Occurrences
- Reportable Diseases
Module 12: Health and Safety Training
- Types of Training
- Training Records
Module 13: Lifting Operations and Lifting
- Evolution of the Legislation
- What Equipment Is Covered?
- What Are the Requirements?
- Risk Assessment and Planning
Module 14: Electricity at Work
- Electrical Equipment
- How Often Should Checks or Testing Be Carried Out?
Module 15: Hazardous Substances
- Hazardous Substances
- Who is at Risk?
- What Makes a Substance Hazardous?
- Carrying Out A COSHH Risk Assessment
- Safe Use of Substances
- course Details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Duration: 5 Hours (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The health and safety awareness training comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed the health and safety awareness course, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other online care training courses.
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislation and recommended practice including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Alignment to the Skills for Health’s Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) revalidation for registered nurses and midwives