The Infection Prevention and Control Training for Clinical Staff provides an opportunity to review in more depth the use of standard infection prevention and control measures.
This course deals with the fundamentals and principles involved in preventing healthcare associated infections. You will also learn how you should manage them, and apply your principles of infection control knowledge in practice.
Module 1: Fundamentals of Infection Prevention
By the end of this module, you'll be able to:
- Explain what a healthcare-associated infection (HCAI) is and how these infections spread
- Describe the impact healthcare-associated infections have on patients, your duty of care to patients and management in the workplace that can prevent the spread
- Describe how healthcare staff can help prevent infections from spreading
- Explain when your own personal health may pose a risk of infection to patients
Module 2: Principles of Infection Prevention
By the end of module 2, you will be able to:
- Describe how healthcare staff can help prevent infections from occurring and spreading
- Explain what the chain infection is and how this relates to infection prevention and control
- Explain what 'Asepsis' is
- Describe how hand hygiene contributes to preventing infection and its spread and be able to wash or clean your hands thoroughly
- Describe how to use personal protective equipment relevant to your role and task
- Describe how the management of blood, body fluids, sharps, the environment and care equipment can prevent infection and its spread
Module 3: Managing Infection Prevention
By the end of module 3, you will be able to:
- Explain the key responsibilities of your organisation with regards to infection prevention and control
- Describe how to access information about infection prevention and control within your organisation
- Describe how and when to conduct a risk assessment in relation to infection prevention and control
- Define the terms 'alert organism' and 'alert condition'
- Explain how different alert organisms and conditions pose an infection risk
- Describe how to safely manage patients with specific alert organisms
- course Details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The infection prevention and control training for clinical staffcomes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed the infection prevention and control training for clinical staff, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other online clinical training courses.
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislation and recommended practice including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Alignment to the Skills for Health’s Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) revalidation for registered nurses and midwives