The Level 3 Certificate in Dementia Care Practice explores when a person with dementia finds that their mental abilities are declining, the vulnerability they experience and the need for reassurance, care and support.
Carers need to do everything they can to help the person with dementia to retain their sense of identity and feelings of self-worth.
It is very important that people with dementia are treated with respect. It is also important to remember that a person with dementia is still a unique and valued human being, regardless of their illness.
It should make it easier for the carer to realise why they behave in certain ways by understanding what the person is going through.
Caring for a person with dementia can be challenging and requires a high level of skills and knowledge to cope with all the problems the dementia sufferer may face.
By having as much background information and knowledge as possible, the delivery of care and support can be more effective.
This course will provide you with the level of knowledge and understanding required to ensure you are able to deliver the highest possible standards of care.
The Level 3 Certificate in Dementia Care has four modules:
- Dementia: Causes, Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Dementia: Treatment and Legal Issues
- Care Planning for & Problems of The Dementia Patient
- Caring for Dementia Patients
Module 1: Dementia: Causes, Symptoms & Diagnosis
By the end of module 1, you will be able to:
- Define dementia, explain the causes and how it affects the brain
- Identify the symptoms of a diagnosis for dementia
Module 2: Dementia: Treatment and Legal Issues
By the end of module 2, you will be able to:
- Explain the range of treatments and approaches available for people with dementia
- Define the law in relation to dementia patients and explain the principles of recording, data protection and confidentiality
Module 3: Care Planning for & Problems of The Dementia Patient
- Identify the key features of PCCP and be able to construct a person-centred care plan
- Explain the main problems faced by people with dementia
Module 4: Caring for Dementia Patients
- Identify key aspects of the physical care and support required by dementia patients
- Identify key aspects of the psychological and emotional care and support required by dementia patients
- Approximately 90 mins (counts towards your CPD hours)
The Dementia Care Practice Course Is Suitable For...
NHS and independent healthcare providers, bank staff and agency workers, and educational organisations including:
- Individuals who want to gain an awareness and increase knowledge
- Care Assistants (HCA)
- Non-Clinical Persons
- Support Workers
- Adult Social Care Workers
- Residential Home Staff
- Nursing Home Staff
- Nurses including Practice, Adult, Registered & Clinical
- Domiciliary Care Workers
- Home Care Workers
- Clinical Support Workers
- Community Healthcare Workers
- Bank and Temporary Nurses
- Bank and Temporary Carers
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
Additionally, once you’ve completed the Level 3 Certificate in Dementia Care course, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other CPD Dementia Care Training Courses.