The Preparing to Work In Care Level 2 is designed for anyone who wants to learn the basics about being a Carer. It will help individuals to understand all that is involved in being a Carer, as well as providing an introduction to the knowledge and learning required for work in the care sector.
The content of this course will be of great benefit should you want to:
- Consider a change of career into care work
- Develop enough knowledge to help you with interviews for jobs in the care sector or
- Start a working career in care after full-time education
Module 1 : Understanding Care and It's Delivery
- Types of care provision
- The role of the carer
- Healthcare workers
- Social care workers
- Starting out in a care carer
- Principles of care
Module 2: Equality, Diversity and Vulnerability
- Values and beliefs
- Maintaining equality
- Rights and responsibilities
- Human diversity
- Prejudices and stereotypes
- Vulnerability and protection
- Vulnerable adults and protection
Module 3: Skills for Care
- Communication barriers
- Recording information
- Ensuring the accuracy of records
- Being reliable and dependable
- The multi disciplinary team
- Worker relationships
Module 4: Health and Safety In Care
- Maintaining safety at work
- Health and safety at work act
- Moving and handling
- Prevention and control of infection
- Personal hygiene
- Food hygiene
By completing Preparing to Work In Care Level 2, you will achieved the following learning outcomes:
Understanding Care and Its Delivery
- Explain what is meant by the term care and the role of the carer
- Explain the principles of care
- Equality, Diversity and Vulnerability
- Explain the terms values, beliefs, diversity and equal opportunities and how they are promoted for all individuals
- Identify the issues linked to prejudice, stereotyping, adult vulnerability and protection
Skills for Care
- Identify good communication skills and explain the importance of confidentiality
- Define the role of the care worker in being dependable and maintaining professional relationships
Health & Safety in Care
- Explain the basic principles relating to health and safety and manual handling
- Explain the basic principles relating to infection control
- course details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Certificate Cost: Free To Download Online As A PDF. Hard copies Sent To Your Address For £3.99 (Optional)
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The Preparing to Work in Care Level 2 Training course comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.