The pressure ulcer prevention training (acute and community) module is intended for staff working in a clinical/hospital setting, and particularly nurses/doctors who are in day-to-day contact with their service users.
It does not deal with wounds caused by pressure ulcers at categories 2, 3, and 4.
It is estimated between 4% and 10% of patients admitted to an acute hospital develop a pressure ulcer while they are there. Pressure ulcers are a major cause of morbidity, reduced quality of life and sickness.
Module 1:Introduction to Pressure Ulcer Prevention Training
- The eight principles of pressure ulcer management
- The costs of pressure ulcers
- When and why pressure ulcers occur
- The types of people most vulnerable to pressure ulcers
- Effective methods for treating pressure ulcers
Module 2: What Is a Pressure Ulcer
- How the skin is made up and how it functions
- What a pressure ulcer is
- Four categories of pressure ulcer
- How to differentiate between different pressure ulcers
Module 3: What Causes Pressure Ulcers
- The main causes and contributing factors of pressure ulcers
- Intrinsic and extrinsic factors that increase risk
Module 4: Assessing Pressure Ulcers
- Conducting thorough and detailed risk assessments
- Assess vulnerability for pressure ulcers
- Risk assessment tools
Module 5: Re-positioning Techniques
- Purpose of re-positioning patients on regular basis
- The tilt technique and its advantages
- Key positions for patients who are recumbent
- The importance of matching chair to patient
- Key positions for the seated patients
- Techniques for patients to re-position themselves
- How to prevent the development of pressure ulcers in vulnerable patients
Module 6: Managing a Category 1 Ulcer
- Identify a category 1 pressure ulcer by sight
- How to treat such a pressure ulcer
- Strategies for preventing pressure ulcers becoming worse
- course Details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Duration: 2 Hours (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The pressure ulcer prevention training comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed the pressure ulcer prevention training, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other clinical training courses.
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislation and recommended practice including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Alignment to the Skills for Health’s Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) revalidation for registered nurses and midwives