This Record Keeping for Nurses course focuses on care planning and record keeping within a care setting. It aims to increase the understanding of the importance of care planning, their implementation and how to review them.
It also provides the knowledge and understanding to allow candidates to work alongside other professionals and make initial assessments to meet the needs of the individual.
Whether you are an experienced health care worker or new to the industry caring for clients or patients in a work environment, we believe that this record keeping for nurses course will assist you with your personal and professional development.
Module 1: Nursing/Care Process
- Overview of Nursing and Care Process
Module 2: Models of Nursing/Care
- What is a model?
- Choosing a model
- Orem’s self-care model
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Activities of Living – Roper, Logan and Tierney (1976)
Module 3: Legal Aspects of Record Keeping
- Principles of Good Record Keeping
- The Care Quality Commission
- Access and Ownership of Records
- Errors – Making mistakes when keeping records
- Confidentiality of Records
Module 4: Assessment
- Activities of Living
- Mental Health Assessment
- Pain Assessment Tools
- Pressure Ulcer Risk Assessments
- Wound Assessment & Documentation
- Depth and Extent of Tissue Damage
- Wound Measurement
Module 5: Risk Assessment
- Your responsibilities
Module 6: Planning
- SMART planning
- Evidence-based Practice
Module 7: Implementation
- Code of Practice
- Record Keeping
- Implementing Care
Module 8: Evaluation
- Questions to Ask When Evaluating Care
Module 9: Sample Care Plan
- Sample Care Plan
- course Details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Duration: 1 Hours (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
Record keeping for Nurses comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed the record keeping for nurses course, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other online nursing care training courses.
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislation and recommended practice including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Alignment to the Skills for Health’s Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) revalidation for registered nurses and midwives