Online Safeguarding Children Level 3 Course
As you'll learn in the Safeguarding Children Level 3 Course, there are many children and young people in society who are in danger and at risk of harm from others due to their inability to protect themselves.
Children interact with adults in a wide range of settings and organisations. There are millions of children who live, work and play in environments where adults provide and facilitate education, leisure, support and care.
The term "environment" includes a wide range of familiar institutions such as schools, colleges, hospitals, care homes, youth organisations and, of course, the family home.
A wide range of agencies deliver education, care and leisure services to children and there is a legal requirement on all such agencies to protect the children under their responsibility.
It is intended that the effects of harm and abuse can be minimised by raising awareness through programmes of study such as this online Safeguarding Children Level 3 Course.
Child abuse is illegal and is thought to be more widespread than previously acknowledged. It is important to note that whether the abuse is deliberate or not, the abused are affected in the same way.
The Level 3 Safeguarding Children Training consists of four core modules:
- Vulnerability and Protection
- Recognising Abuse
- The Legal Protection of Children
- Child Protection Procedures
Module 1: Vulnerability and Protection
- Legal definition and status of a child
- Defining vulnerability and protection
- The concept of significant harm
- Vulnerable children - influencing factors
- The protection of children
- Responsibility of the organisation in protecting children
Module 2: Recognising Abuse
- Defining child abuse
- The hidden face of child abuse
- Types and forms of child abuse
Module 3: The Legal Protection of Children
- Child protection law
- The Children's Act 1989
- Types of orders
- The Children's Act 2004
- Protection of Freedom's Act 2012
- DBS checks
- The role of the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB)
Module 4: Child Protection Procedures
- Dealing with disclosure
- Recording disclosures
- Making referrals
- The post referral processes
- Approximately 1 - 2 hours (counts towards your CPD hours)
Safeguarding Children Level 3 Is Suitable For...
- Individuals who want to gain an awareness and increase knowledge
- Care Assistants (HCA)
- Non-Clinical Persons
- Support Workers
- Adult Social Care Workers
- Residential Home Staff
- Nursing Home Staff
- Nurses including Practice, Adult, Registered & Clinical
- Domiciliary Care Workers
- Home Care Workers
- Clinical Support Workers
- Community Healthcare Workers
- Bank and Temporary Nurses
- Bank and Temporary Carers
By the end of this course, you will have learned the following learning outcomes:
- Define the legal status of the child and understand the concept of child vulnerability
- Explain the concepts of protection, vulnerability and significant harm
- Identify the responsibility of individuals and organisations in protecting children
- Identify the indicators and related examples of sexual abuse and neglect
- Recognise the signs of abuse and bullying
- Explain the nature of child protection law and the detail of the children's act 1989
- plus much more
After completing and studying the learning modules, you'll need to complete an online test and pass before being certificated.
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
Additionally, once you’ve completed the Safeguarding Training Level 3, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other online safeguarding courses.