This online Self Harm Training module will raise your awareness of self-harm, help you to develop an understanding of the issues faced by self-harmers, and what you can do to help them.
Self-harm is an extremely complex issue, both for those who self-harm and the professionals who support them. By completing this course, you will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Understanding what self-harm is and how people typically do it
- Separate the facts and myths of self-harm
- Identify possible reasons behind self-harm
- How to offer support to self-harmers
Module 1: What Is Self Harm?
- Different types of self harm
Module 2: Who Self Harms?
- How common is self harm
- The myths of self harm
Module 3: How Do They Do It?
- What causes people to self harm
Module 4: Support You Can Offer
- Identifying warning signs
- Getting help
- Stopping self harm
- Do's and Dont's
- Course Details
- Exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Certificate Cost: Free To Download Online As A PDF. Hard copies Sent To Your Address For £3.99 (Optional)
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The Online Self Harm Training course comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed the self harm training course, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other Care Worker Training