This online SoVA training programme will give you the knowledge and skills you need to safeguard and protect adults in your workplace.
The good news is that you don’t need any previous qualifications to take this course. It is designed to encourage your own personal development in an area important to you.
The material in this SoVA training course will answer many questions for employers, employees and the service user.
Further information on any issues relating to the safeguarding of adults can be found on the Care Quality Commission website
Note that “Safeguarding Adults” has become the recognised term currently used by most organisations. Previously, the terms PoVA (Protection of Vulnerable Adults) and SoVA (Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults) were used. These terms mean the same thing and are interchangeable.
Upon successful completion of the learning materials and achieving the required score in the multiple-choice examination, a certificate will be awarded to confirm your achievement.
Module 1: Safeguarding Legislation
- Who is a 'vulnerable adult?'
- Six principles of the care act 2014
- Change in practice
- Safeguarding adults boards (SABs)
- Serious Adult Reviews
- Organisational involvement
- The Disclosure and Barring Service
- The CQC - making sure regulations are followed
- Your part in protecting vulnerable adults
- Whistle blowing
- Mental Capacity Act
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS)
Module 2: Understanding Abuse and Neglect
- Abuse and Neglect (often called elder abuse and neglect)
- Types of Neglect
- Types of Abuse
- How to recognise neglect and abuse
- Possible Causes of Self-Neglect
- Possible Causes of Elder Abuse
- Reporting Abuse
Module 3: Understanding Importance of Communication In Care
- What is communication?
- Different types of Communication
- Barriers to Communication
- Abusive Communication
- Written Communications
Module 4: Challenging Behaviour
- What is challenging behaviour?
- The ‘ABC’ of Behaviour
- Common Law - Assault and Battery
- Risk Assessment
- course Details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Duration: 5 Hours (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The SoVA training course comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislation and recommended practice including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Alignment to the Skills for Health’s Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) revalidation for registered nurses and midwives