This online Level 3 Substance Misuse course is about the misuse and abuse of substances such as drugs and alcohol that are used to change a person's state of body or mind, for reasons other than a medical need.
Substance misuse often leads to addiction, which can be defined as the continuing and compulsive misuse of substances despite physical and/or psychological harm to the user, family or society and includes both legal and illegal substances.
This substance misuse course explores psychological dependence and physical dependence and at the end of the course you will understand the following:-
- Causes and Types of Substance Misuse
- Explain the major social, personal and medical factors that can lead to substance misuse
- Discus the patterns of misuse that often occur, the types of dependence that substance misuse can lead to and the stages of substance misuse that lead to addiction
- Describe the range of substances commonly misused and their effects
- Signs and Effects of Substance Misuse
- Explain the physical, behavioural and psychological signs of substance misuse
- Describe the effects of substance misuse on health
- Treatment, Rehabilitation and Legal Issues
- Explain the principles behind the range of treatments used with individuals who misuse substances
- Identify the range of treatments, the purpose of rehabilitation and tips for helping individuals remain drug-free
- Explain the main legislation relating to substance misuse including the National Harm Reduction Strategy
Module 1: Causes and Types of Substance Misuse
- Factors That Lead to Substance Misuse
- Financial Factors
- Mental Illness
- Patterns of Substance Misuse
- Stages of Substance Misuse
- Commonly Used Substances and Their Effects
- Sedative Hypnotics
- Stimulants (Uppers)
- Depressants (Downers)
- Opiates and Opiods
- Volatile Substances
Module 2: Signs and Effects of Substance Misuse
- Physical Signs of Substance Misuse
- Behavioural Signs of Substance Misuse
- Psychological Signs of Substance Misuse
- Effects of Substance Misuse
- The Effects of Substance Misuse on Health
- Conditions Associated With Substance Misuse
Module 3: Treatment, Rehabilitation, and Legal Issues
- The Range of Treatments
- First Steps to Treatment
- The Nature of Treatment
- Effectiveness of Treatment
- Types of Treatment
- Treatment Formats
- After Care
- Drug Laws
- The National Alcohol Harm Reduction Strategy
- Legal Consequences
- course details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- Additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Certificate Cost: Free To Download Online As A PDF. Hard copies Sent To Your Address For £3.99 (Optional)
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The Level 3 Substance Misuse course comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed Level 3 Substance Misuse course, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other Care Worker Training