The introduction to tissue viability training is aimed at staff currently working within the health care sector. Care practitioners and healthcare assistants will benefit from having knowledge of wound assessment, wound healing and wound management.
This includes understanding of causes, stages, treatment and risk factors associated with a service user with a wound.
This introductory course consists of four modules that equip you with the appropriate knowledge and skills within wound care management.
Module 1: Anatomy & Physiology
- The 8 key functions the skin performs
- The definition and role of epidermis and dermis
- How the dermis regulates body temperature & provides pliability of the skin
- Accessory structures
- Ageing & skin function - how they affect wound healing
Module 2: Wound Healing
- The four phases of wound healing
- The various categories of wound closures
- The differences between primary and secondary wound healing and when to apply each
Module 3: Acute & Chronic Wounds
- Timings and phases of acute wound healing
- The 11 factors that affect wound healing for chronic wounds
- The different types of impaired wound healing
Module 4: Factors Affecting Wound Healing
- How to promote wound healing within the body
- The risks infections present to the process of wound healing and their affects
- The different types of wound infections
Tissue Viability Training Details
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
Exam and Certification
The tissue viability training comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed the tissue viability training, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other tissue viability training courses for nurses.
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislation and recommended practice including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Alignment to the Skills for Health’s Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) revalidation for registered nurses and midwives
The Introduction to Tissue Viability Course Is Most Suitable For...
NHS and independent healthcare providers, bank staff and agency workers, and educational organisations including:
- Individuals who want to gain an awareness and increase knowledge
- Care Assistants (HCA)
- Support Workers
- Adult Social Care Workers
- Residential Home Staff
- Nursing Home Staff
- Nurses including Practice, Adult, Registered & Clinical
- Domiciliary Care Workers
- Home Care Workers
- Clinical Support Workers
- Community Healthcare Workers
- Bank and Temporary Nurses
- Bank and Temporary Carers