The Verification of Death training course is aimed at nurses working in primary care, supportive care and care homes. It will support the development of your knowledge and skill to competently verify death of adults.
It is not limited to any particular setting or situation, but enables the nurse to understand the procedure to verify death within the contexts of both expected and unexpected death (and the particular considerations for both situations).
Verification of Death Training Outline
- Understand the legal and professional context related to death verification and certification
- Differentiate between an expected and an unexpected death, and any policies or procedures related to these
- Develop knowledge, skill and competence to sensitively perform verification of death
- Verification of expected death
- Verification of unexpected death
- Conditions associated with death
- Verifying a death
- Clinical examination
- Core after death
- Role of the coroner and procurator fiscal
- Criteria for informing the coroner of a death
- Bereavement support/advice
Verification of Death Course Details
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
Exam and Certification
The Verification of Death training comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislation and recommended practice including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Alignment to the Skills for Health’s Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) revalidation for registered nurses and midwives
The Verification of Death Training Is Most Suitable For...
NHS and independent healthcare providers, bank staff and agency workers, and educational organisations including:
- Individuals who want to gain an awareness and increase knowledge
- Care Assistants (HCA)
- Support Workers
- Adult Social Care Workers
- Residential Home Staff
- Nursing Home Staff
- Nurses including Practice, Adult, Registered & Clinical
- Domiciliary Care Workers
- Home Care Workers
- Clinical Support Workers
- Community Healthcare Workers
- Bank and Temporary Nurses
- Bank and Temporary Carers