Wound Assessment and Treatment is an online wound management course designed to help you understand the treatments for pressure ulcers, the types of support surfaces, how to assess pressure ulcers, venous and arterial ulcers and the role of nutrition in wound healing. It's part of our tissue viability training.
This course has been developed using the latest guidance from the medical and nursing Royal Colleges, the Department of Health, and the National Institute of Health & Clinical Excellence (NICE).
Module 1: Pressure Ulcer Treatment
- The different stages of ulcers and how to treat them
- The various support surfaces in pressure ulcer treatment
Module 2: Assessment of Pressure Ulcers
- How to establish the appropriate history of patients
- Establishing effective plans of care
- How to examine wound colour, odour, drainage and shape
- The use of Adjunct Therapies
- Assessing patients' risk with the Braden Scale & Waterlow Score
Module 3: Venous & Arterial Ulcers
- Lower extremity wounds of venous insufficiency
- How to assess lower extremity venous ulcers
- Risks factors for developing lower extremity venous ulcers
- Understanding the characteristics, causes and risks of venous and arterial ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Diabetic Neuropathy
Module 4: Nutrition
- The role nutrition plays in wound healing
- Treating malnutrition in patients
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
Exam and Certification
The wound assessment training comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed this wound management course online, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other tissue viability training courses for nurses.
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislation and recommended practice including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Alignment to the Skills for Health’s Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) revalidation for registered nurses and midwives
The Wound Assessment and Treatment Course Is Suitable For...
NHS and independent healthcare providers, bank staff and agency workers, and educational organisations including:
- Individuals who want to gain an awareness and increase knowledge
- Care Assistants (HCA)
- Non-Clinical Persons
- Support Workers
- Adult Social Care Workers
- Residential Home Staff
- Nursing Home Staff
- Nurses including Practice, Adult, Registered & Clinical
- Domiciliary Care Workers
- Home Care Workers
- Clinical Support Workers
- Community Healthcare Workers
- Bank and Temporary Nurses
- Bank and Temporary Carers